Friday, September 11, 2009

Jalapenos Galore!


I can remember being a little girl and going out to eat with my parents at one of my favorite restaurants, Chi-Chi's (I don't think they are in business anymore), anyways, my dad would hide jalapenos in my nachos to prove to me that they weren't really as hot as I thought they were - pretty sneaky, huh? I've just always steered away from jalapeno peppers for whatever reason...until this week that is. One of my Pampered Chef hosts was selling jalapeno jelly that she made to raise funds for a mission trip she is going on in a few months - Not even sure if I liked the stuff, I bought five jars to support her!! Needing a quick appetizer to serve for a meeting I had at my house, I poured the jelly over a block of cream cheese and served it with crackers - by the time the night was over it was all gone, I had sold four more jars, and I found my new favorite snack! Thanks for the jelly Wendi!!

Then...I had a show this week and my host had tons of jalapeno peppers from her garden that she was giving away and so a gallon size bag of jalapenos came home with me - Before you ask, No, I did not try to make my own jalapeno jelly, I've decided to leave that to Wendi, but I didn't want to see them go to waste so I decided to try a new recipe...Baked Jalapeno Poppers!!!
It was so easy, so delicious, and surprisingly not too hot (Aaron would disagree). I didn't measure anything, so forgive me, but it was a half a block of cream cheese, some shredded cheddar cheese, and a fresh garlic clove mixed together and stuffed into halved peppers. Be sure to remove the membranes and seeds of the peppers to bring down the heat level. I topped them with a bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture. Baked for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until nicely browned... Who knew there were many things to do with jalapenos and cream cheese?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Those look amazing! Have you had the Jalapeno Popper Pizzas? I made those for the first time a little while back and I love them!

    ReplyDelete