Friday, September 11, 2009

Football Cheeseball

It's Friday and that means a new recipe for you to try... When I first started my Friday recipe blogs, I promised that I would bring you recipes that were budget friendly, healthy, and easy! Well, forgive me for straying a bit from my promise, but with College Football season in full swing I just have to tell you that I am a dip girl - Give me a Diet Dr. Pepper and a table full of dips and I'm in heaven!! And put the NOLES on TV and it's pretty much the best day ever! I love summer and I love Christmas......but there is just something magical about College Football Season :) So I'm going to feature some of my favorite dips for the next few weeks, then I give you my word I'll go back to main dishes.

Football Cheeseball


INGREDIENTS:
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Miracle Whip Dressing
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 pkg. (3 oz.) Real Bacon Bits
2 Tbsp. pimiento strips
RITZ Crackers

DIRECTIONS:
BEAT cheeses and dressing with mixer until blended.
ADD onions and pepper; mix well. Refrigerate several hours.
FORM into football shape on serving plate; coat with bacon bits. Add pimento strips for "lacing." Serve with crackers.
Buffalo Cheese Dip


INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing (I actually use Ranch Dressing instead)
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce for Buffalo wings
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
DIRECTIONS:
MIX all ingredients in medium microwaveable bowl.
MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, stirring after 3 min.
SERVE hot with crackers or celery sticks.


And just in case anyone is wondering...FSU plays Jacksonville State on Saturday 9/12 at 5:00PM. SURELY we can win this game after last week's loss against Miami!!

No comments:

Post a Comment