Friday, September 25, 2009

Green Harvest Couscous

This week's recipe comes from Rachael Ray - I have gotten her magazine as a birthday present for several years now and I love it. It's full of delicous and easy recipes that actually taste good! I'll have to admit, I enjoy reading her magazine and cookbooks alot more than I enjoy watching her on television...her voice is really annoying to me! I mean don't get me wrong, if we passed on the street I would totally say hello to her :) The recipe is called Green Harvest Couscous and it's so great, promise me you'll try it!

INGREDIENTS:

One 10-ounce box couscous (plain works best)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped
Salt and pepper
One 5-ounce package baby arugula, chopped
1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
8 ounces goat cheese crumbles *** I use feta cheese instead***


DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the couscous and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon peel and lemon juice, then fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook until golden, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, zucchini, arugula, cucumber, scallions, pecans and half of the cheese; season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining cheese.

**It's also really good if you use bib lettuce leaves and serve it as a wrap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment